Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fire & Water Concepts

Our latest project in class is the fire and water panel project.  The goal is to produce a finished piece (12" x 24" in size) that employs various line qualities in black marker to express the organic elements of fire and/or water. 
Along with working to create a panel that meets the proper criteria, I am making a big effort to create a solid concept that will translate well to a viewer.
For my piece, I am exploring the properties of only water.  I am interested in the absence of water, as well as the destructive and powerful rushing force of it.  I am also seeking to describe a progression, or transition, between 3 emotions that will correlate to the drawn image. Emotions such as anxiety, peaked frustration, and explosive anger are those which I hope to put on display in my fire and water panel.
At the moment I am excited to continue developing the line work in my finished piece. Also, I enjoy seeing the growth and expansion of my ideas (from initial inspiration to thumbnail sketches to rough draft to final panel).

Below are a few of the photos that I initially drew inspiration from:










2 comments:

  1. Wow! great visual research and commentary...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your visual research for the fire and water panel. There's a sense of desert theme going on here and I can wait to see how you incorporate these things within your design!

    ReplyDelete